Member Sign In

Member Sign In

Royal Bermuda Yacht Club

Royal Bermuda Yacht Club
Bermuda

The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is a private Club and is the third oldest club holding a Royal Warrant outside the British Isles. The Bermuda Yacht Club was established on the 1st November, 1844 by a party of thirty gentlemen, consisting largely of officers in the British Army, most of them belonging to the 20th Regiment, then stationed here in Bermuda. There are now approximately 850 resident and non-resident members.

Early in 1845, at the invitation of the Bermuda Yacht Club's Commodore, Lord Mark Kerr, the Prince HRH Prince Albert, the first Duke of Edinburgh, graciously consented to become Patron of the Club. His Royal Highness, Prince Albert gave permission for the Bermuda Yacht Club to style themselves the "ROYAL BERMUDA YACHT CLUB".

After almost 60 years occupation of No.52 Front Street, the RBYC in 1933 acquired a fine water site at Albuoy's Point, Hamilton, built a large Club House on their new property and moved into their new quarters on the 16th December, 1933.

Invitational Cup Team

Name Position ISAF Sailor ID
Mark Watson HELM USAMW51
Ben Nicholls TACTICIAN GBRBN1
John Loe Main USAJL48
Jon Corless Spinnaker BERJC3
Joe Hoffman Owner's Rep USAJH201
Peter Martin Mast BERPM3
Rockal Evans Middle BERRE1
Mary Justine Gerahty Bow & Trim BERMG2
Gaven Black Bow BERGB1
Tom Clarke CANTC

Albuoy's Point
Hamilton
rbyc.bm

bermuda

Club History




 

2011 Official Sponsors

2011 Supporters

LIBRARY & COLLECTIONS