2017 Queen's Cup
photo by Stuart Streuli
Sunday, July 16, 2017
The Queen's Cup will be run on Sunday, July 16, in Newport, RI. There will be one spinnaker class in the Queen's Cup for IRC yachts with a rating of 1.07 or faster. The Queen's Cup has a unique starting system in that each yacht may start within a 2-minute window of the starting gun and their actual elapsed time will be used to calculate their corrected time. All helmspersons must have a current Group 1 sailor classification.
This trophy was given by Queen Elizabeth II of England and formally presented to the Club by the British Ambassador in 1953. The former King's Cup (1912) was retired and is retained by the Club. This is one of the Club's oldest and most prestigious trophies with a notable list of winners.
ENTRY FORM & WAIVER
- 2017 Queen's Cup Online Registration (due no later than 1305 on Friday, July 14)
- Entries to date
- Liability & Media Waiver
- Waivers submitted to date
- Notice of Race
- Notice of Race Amendment #1
- Notice of Race Addendum 1 - Conditions for The Queen's Cup
- Notice of Race Addendum 2 - US Safety Equipment Requirements
- Sailing Instructions
- Sailing Instructions Amendment #1
- Scratch Sheet
- Alternative Penalty acceptance form
- Online Protest form
- To obtain a guest card, a Guest Privileges Form must be submitted.
|Friday, July 14||Entry & Certificate Deadline||1305|
|Sunday, July 16||RC Announcements||0900||VHF Channel 72|
|Cocktails & Awards||1630||Upper lawn|