Member Sign In

Member Sign In

Royal Yacht Squadron

Royal Yacht Squad

Royal Yacht Squadron
Isle Of Wight, England

Club History

The Yacht Club, as the Squadron was first known, was founded at the Thatched House tavern in St. James’s, London, on June 1, 1815. The qualification entitling a gentleman to become a member was the ownership of a vessel not less than 10 tons. Today this is interpreted as any gentleman or lady “actively interested in yachting.” A plain white burgee graced the masthead of members’ yachts; they also wore a plain white ensign with the union in the canton. In 1821, this was changed to a red burgee and ensign. Today, the Royal Yacht Squadron remains one of the most preeminent yacht clubs in the world after celebrating its Bicentenary in 2015. The Clubhouse is located in Cowes Castle on the Isle of Wight in the United Kingdom. The clubs patron is Queen Elizabeth II and the clubs admiral is Prince Philip.
Click here to visit the Club's website. 

Previous Invitational Cups: 2009,11,13,15

About The Team

Skipper: Bruce Huber

RYS Skipper HuberThe Royal Yacht Squadron team have all sailed regularly together with many competing at previous Invitational Cups. At the helm for this team is Bruce Huber, who has been sailing for over 40 years. To prepare, Huber and his team have been sailing a J/109 together at various regattas in the Solent. The teams tactician is Bertie Bicket.

 




 

TITLE SPONSOR

ROLEX 2012 CMYK

 

REGATTA SPONSORS

marque CMYK sm 

 

marque CMYK sm

 

 

Nautor logo 150wide

 

HH supporting

LIBRARY & COLLECTIONS