2014 U.S. Qualifying Series for the Invitational Cup
For United States yacht clubs, the path to the 2015 Invitational Cup championship goes through the U.S. Qualifying Series, which will be held Sept. 2 to 6, 2014, in Newport, R.I. A fleet of the top Corinthian sailors will gather Harbour Court, the New York Yacht Club's on-the-water clubhouse, for four days of intense one-design fleet racing.
The top three teams will qualify for a berth in the 2015 Invitational Cup presented by Rolex, the world's premier Corinthian, one-design big-boat regatta.
- March 10, 2014: Diverse Fleet Readies for U.S. Qualifying Series Regatta
- August 7, 2014: It's All About the Club at the U.S. Qualifying Series
- August 21, 2014: Texas Corinthian and Rush Creek Yacht Clubs to Represent Lone Star State at U.S. Qualifying Series
- September 2, 2014: Rookies and Veterans Temper Their Optimism As Racing Begins in the U.S. Qualifying Series
- September 3, 2014: California, Michigan Clubs Take Early Lead in 2014 U.S. Qualifying Series
- September 6, 2014: Shelter Island and Larchmont Ride the Ragged Edge
- September 7, 2014: Newport Harbor and Rush Creek Show Their Heels on Day 3
- September 8, 2014: Newport Harbor, Eastern and Seattle Yacht Club Own The Podium at 2014 U.S. Qualifying Series
Entry forms & Waiver
Competing Yacht Clubs
The following Yacht Clubs have accepted invitations to compete in the 2014 U.S. Qualifying Series. Any Club interested in consideration for the 2016 U.S. Qualifying Series should contact the NYYC Sailing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- American Yacht Club; Rye, N.Y.
- Balboa Yacht Club; Corona del Mar, Calif.
- Bayview Yacht Club; Detroit, Mich.
- Beverly Yacht Club; Marion, Mass.
- California Yacht Club; Marina del Rey, Calif.
- Carolina Yacht Club; Charleston, S.C.
- Chicago Yacht Club; Chicago, Ill.
- Coral Reef Yacht Club; Miami, Fla.
- Eastern Yacht Club; Marblehead, Mass.
- Fishing Bay Yacht Club; Deltaville, Va.
- Harbor Island Yacht Club; Nashville, Tenn.
- Indian Harbor Yacht Club; Greenwich, Conn.
- Larchmont Yacht Club; Larchmont, N.Y.
- Little Traverse Yacht Club; Harbor Springs, Mich.
- Nantucket Yacht Club; Nantucket, Mass.
- New Bedford Yacht Club; South Dartmouth, Mass.
- Newport Harbor Yacht Club; Newport Harbor, Calif.
- Rush Creek Yacht Club; Heath, TX
- Seattle Yacht Club; Seattle, Wash.
- Shelter Island Yacht Club; Shelter Island Heights, N.Y.
- South Carolina Yacht Club; Hilton Head Island, S.C.
- Southern Yacht Club; New Orleans, La.
- Texas Corinthian Yacht Club; Kemah, TX
A Yacht Club team that enters the USQS must be able to meet all of the eligibility requirements for the USQS and, if they qualify, for the Invitational Cup. Please review the 2014 Notice of Race, as well as the 2013 Invitational Cup NOR which will give guidance as to the eligibility requirements for the 2015 Invitational Cup.
- 2014 USQS Notice of Race 2014_usqs_nor.pdf184.31 KB
- 2013 Invitational Cup Notice of Race 2013_ic_nor.pdf239.28 KB
Newport logistics & activities
- Newport Area logistics (housing, transportation, services, etc.)
- Newport Area activities (museums, mansions, beaches, music, walks, etc.)
As in 2012, USQS competitors will use two fleets of boats for the competition - - the Sonar and the J/70.