2017 Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup
Photo by Rolex / Daniel Forster
September 9-16, 2017
Newport, Rhode Island
The Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup is a biennial event hosted by the NYYC in Newport, Rhode Island in September at its Harbour Court Clubhouse. The Invitational Cup is a regatta for yacht clubs from around the world and their sailors. It has become an important Corinthian (amateur) sailing competition. The racing is in NYYC Swan 42s – the eighth one-design class created by the New York Yacht Club since 1900.
Seventeen teams from 11 countries and five continents competed in the 2015 Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup. Among the returning teams were Royal Cork Yacht Club, the Royal Yacht Squadron, Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club, Japan Sailing Federation, Royal Canadian Yacht Club, Real Club Náutico de Barcelona and the host team from the New York Yacht Club, all of which have competed in each edition of the Rolex NYYC Invitational Cup.
The host team won the inaugural running of the event in 2009, with NYYC Commodore Phil Lotz leading the team to victory. In 2011 and 2013 it was the Royal Canadian Yacht Club that won the event led by Olympic silver medalist (1984, Flying Dutchman) Terry McLaughlin. In 2015, the team from the Royal Thames Yacht Club topped the fleet.
- Go to this page for all Race Documents, Forms, Resources, Bulletins, etc
- How to Follow the 2017 Rolex NYYC Invitational Cup
- Live Tracking Here
- Live Coverage Here
- Spectator Boat Handout
- To obtain a guest card, a Guest Privileges Form must be submitted.
- Three Teams Hope Past Experiences Translates to Success at 2017 Rolex New York Yacht Club Invitational Cup (September 10, 2017)
- Former Olympic Sailors to Lead Rolex NYYC Invitational Cup Entries for Southern and Shelter Island (September 6, 2017)
- In Order to Look Back , New Bedford Yacht Club Looks Forward to Rolex Invitational Cup (September 5, 2017)
- Despite Impressive Debut, Belgiorno-Nettis Keeps Expectations Modest For Return to Rolex NYYC Invitational Cup (August 9,2017)
- John Hele and Daring Team to Repesent NYYC in Rolex Invitational Cup (August 3, 2017)
- Preparation, Experience Characterize Fleet for 2017 Rolex NYYC Invitational Cup (May 8, 2017)