2017 Leukemia Cup
June 3-4, 2017
Hosted by New York Yacht Club
The Leukemia Cup is held to advance the mission of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. New York Yacht Club has hosted the RI Leukemia Cup since 2008.
The Leukemia Cup is a fundraising event. Racing is encouraged, but not required. Whether registered as a boat owner, crew or "phantom sailor", LLS will provide the tools, resources and guidance for fundraising success. In 2016, 56 captains and their crews from Rhode Island and around New England combined their passion for sailing with a commitment to help cancer patients, raising over $190,000 to help cure blood cancers. A huge success!
Every three minutes (less time than a starting sequence), someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer. Thank you for raising your sail and funds for a cure.
Regatta details, including the Notice of Race, Sailing Instructions, Waiver and Entry Form, will also be posted on the RI Leukemia Cup website at www.leukemiacup.org/ri/.
RACE DOCUMENTS & ENTRY FORM
- Online Registration
- Social Event Tickets (for Kick-Off, Evening at Harbour Court, Post-Race Awards BBQ)
- Notice of Race
- Notice of Race Amendment #1
- Sailing Instructions
- Sailing Instructions Amendment #1
- Sailing Instructions Amendment #2
- Scratch Sheet as of 6/4/17 at 0900hrs
- 2015-2017 South Bay Race Chart 3.4 MB
- Entry List
RELEASE OF LIABILITY & MEDIA WAIVER (all competitors must complete)
|Sat||June 3||1700-1830||Race registration at NYYC|
|1800-2130||"An Evening at Harbour Court" reception|
|Sun||June 4||0800-0900||Race registration at NYYC|
|1100||First warning signal|
|1500||No warning signal shall be made after this time|
|1700-2100||Post-regatta awards & BBQ|
NEWPORT AREA LOGISTICS & ACTIVITIES
- Newport Area Logistics (housing, transportation, marinas, services, etc.)
- Dockage & Moorings -
- Sail Newport from 1700 Saturday to 1200 Monday - contact email@example.com for more information
- Oldport Marine - overnight moorings to rent - call VHF channel 68
- Newport Harbor - overnight moorings to rent - call Harbormaster on VHF channel 16
- New York Yacht Club - overnight moorings to rent - contact firstname.lastname@example.org